A healthier take on a classic Italian staple!
- 900g raw cauliflorets
- 1/4 cup mashed potato flakes
- 1/2 cup chickpea flour
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Steam the cauliflower until extremely soft. Transfer into a nut milk bag, and let cool.
- Squeeze as much liquid from the cauliflower as possible, until it resembled a dough.
- Whisk dry ingredients together in another bowl.
- Mash cauliflower with 1 tbsp olive oil, and mix into dry ingredients. Knead slightly, until combined.
- Transfer the dough onto a cutting board, and split into quarters.
- Roll each section into a log, about 1″ in diameter. Cut into 3/4″ segments.
- Roll on a gnocchi board, or the back of a fork, to get lines.
- Bring a pot of water to a rolling boil, and add gnocchi, boiling until they float (about 3 minutes).
- Quickly remove floating gnocchi from water, and transfer into a collander.
- Heat the remaining olive oil in a skillet, over medium heat. Add the drained gnocchi, and pan-fry until lightly browned.
- Add desired sauce and toppings, and enjoy!