A little kimchi to warm your soul on a cold day. And great when topped with Vegan Hard-boiled “Eggs”!
- 2 tbsp grapeseed oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 medium potatoes, washed and chopped
- 10 cups vegetable stock
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tbsp sriracha
- 1 tbsp minced ginger
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 block extra firm tofu (works great with smoked tofu!)
- 1 cup kimchi (make sure it’s vegan, some brands aren’t!)
- Wrap tofu in paper towel or tea towel, place between two plates, and put a heavy book on top. Allow to press for at least 30 min, and overnight, if possible.
- Heat oil in a stockpot over medium heat.
- Add onion, garlic and ginger, and cook until fragrant.
- Add carrots and potatoes, and cook for a few minutes.
- Add all other ingredients except tofu and kimchi.
- Let simmer until potatoes are soft.
- Chop the tofu into small cubes, and add to pot.
- Roughly chop kimchi and add to pot. Be sure to pour all the released juice into pot as well.
- Allow to simmer until kimchi is translucent, 5-7 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy! Top with a Vegan Hard-boiled Egg!