Cause, really, what’s weekend brunch without a little salty-smoky bacun?
Rice Paper Bacun
- 3 sheets rice paper wraps
- 2 tsp grapeseed oil
- 2 tsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp liquid smoke
- 1/2 tsp maple syrup
- 1/8 tsp smoke paprika
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Using sharp scissors, and doing your best to follow the pattern on the rice paper, slice into strips.
- Fill a shallow dish with a little warm water.
- Matching the rice paper strips into pairs of similar size, dip each pair into the water, and stick them together. Lay out the pairs on a cutting board or plate as you go.
- Mix the remaining ingredients in another shallow dish.
- Dip the now stuck together rice paper pairs into the marinade, and flip, so both sides are well covered.
- Lay out the marinaded rice paper pairs on a cookie sheet lined with parchment or a silpat.
- Bake for 6-7 minutes, until crispy. Keep a close eye on them, cause they will burn fast if you forget them.
- Serve and enjoy!