I was looking for something to replace ramen eggs. These guys turned out a little more like a deviled egg, but they’re still really yummy!
Vegan Hard-boiled “Eggs”
For the whites:
- 1 package medium tofu
- 1 tbsp miso paste
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp black salt
- 1 1/2 cups mashed potato flakes
For the yolks:
- 2 tbsp mashed potato flakes
- 1 tsp nutritional yeast
- 1/8 cup hot water
- 1/4 tsp tumeric
- 1/4 tsp black salt
- 2 tsp grapeseed oil
- Drain tofu and let sit on counter until room temperature.
- Blend all ingredients in high-speed blender until smooth.
- Let stand for 10 minutes, until mashed potato flakes rehydrate.
- Mix all yolk ingredients, adding the water slowly, until it resembles modeling clay.
- Using a cookie or icecream scoop with a trigger, scoop whites onto a plate, forming mounds.
- Roll a small ball of yolk between your hands, and press into a disc.
- Place yolk on white. Serve and enjoy!
Note: These are great mashed onto Cauliflower Toast, or floating in Kimchi Stew