I can’t take full credit for these… They’re an adaptation of a recipe my dear Dad made up… But, they WILL change your life.
- 1 1/2 cups Vital Wheat Gluten
- 1 1/2 cups mashed potato flakes
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp italian seasoning
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix Vital Wheat Gluten, mashed potato flakes, 2 tbsp of nutritional yeast, and salt in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix olive oil and veggie broth.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients, add wet ingredients, and mix, starting to knead with hands as the dough gets hard to mix with a spoon.
- Turn onto counter, and knead until all dry is incorporated.
- Tear in half, then in half again until you have nugget-sized balls.
- In another bowl, mix 1/4 cup nutritional yeast, paprika, italian seasoning and garlic powder.
- Press the nuggets into the coating mix, and fry in a lightly oiled frying pan over medium heat until browned.
- Transfer to a cookie sheet and bake at 350°F for 30 minutes.
- Allow to cool on a cooling rack, then dip in whatever sauces you like, and enjoy!