When you need something that tastes like it’s bad for you…
Cashew Scalloped Potatoes
- 1 medium onion
- 4 large potatoes
- 3 cups unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp black pepper (or to taste)
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Put all ingredients except potatoes and onions into a high-powered blender, blend until smooth.
- Peel and rinse potatoes, then slice into very thin slices. Can use a mandolin or peeler, or a sharp knife.
- Slice onion into equally think slices.
- Layer half of the potato slices into a 9″x13″ square casserole dish. Layer all of the onion on top.
- Pour half of the sauce mixture on top of the onion layer, then layer remaining potatoes on top.
- Top with remaining sauce, and cover dish with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 80 minutes, then remove foil and bake for 30 minutes more.
- Broil for 5-10 minutes, until the top looks crispy and toasted.
- Let cool for 10-15 min. Serve and enjoy! Top with an extra sprinkle of nutritional yeast, if desired.