I roasted up a bunch of yams, and thought… This could be dessert-breakfast…
Sweet Potato Pie Oatmeal
- 1/2 cup steel cut oats
- 3/4 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 3/4 cup hot water
- 1/2 roasted sweet potato, mashed and skinned
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- To roast yams: Preheat oven to 425°F. Wash yams, and stab with a fork a few times. Wrap in tinfoil, place on baking tray (I like to line the tray with my Silpat) and bake for 1 hour. Turn off oven and let sit until they come back to room temperature. They may leak sugar during this time, leaving you with a beautiful layer of yam caramel on the tray. Keep this and put it on your oatmeal!
- Add all ingredients except maple syrup to a saucepan over medium heat, cook until all liquid is absorbed.
- Serve oats, drizzle with maple syrup, and top with yam caramel. Enjoy!