I just woke up, and I want dessert… It counts as breakfast, if it’s oatmeal! Plus, it’s a great excuse for cashew cream cheese icing.
Cinnamon Bun Oatmeal
Serves 2, and extra icing.
- 1/2 cup steel cut oats
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 cup, plus 1/4 cup hot water
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp, plus 1/4 tsp caramel extract
- 1 tsp, plus 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2/3 cup raw cashews
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- Add oats, coconut milk, 1 cup hot water, cinnamon, 1/2 tsp caramel extract and 1/2 tsp vanilla to saucepan over medium-low heat. Stir frequently, and cook until liquid is fully absorbed.
- Put cashews, lemon juice, maple syrup, remaining 1/4 tsp caramel extract, remaining 1/2 tsp vanilla and remaining 1/4 cup hot water to blender, and blend until smooth. Transfer to a piping bag with no tip.
- Serve oatmeal. Pipe a swirl of icing on top and enjoy!