There have been a lot of warming spices in my kitchen lately, but it’s damned COLD outside, so I’m going with it!
Warming Lentil Soup
- 2 tbsp grapeseed oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large red pepper, diced
- 1/2 medium zucchini, diced
- 1/2 cup corn
- 1 bunch spinach, stemmed and rinsed
- 1 tbsp tumeric
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp cardamom
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp minced ginger
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp salt (or to taste)
- 1 tsp black pepper (or to taste)
- 1 tbsp miso paste
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked green lentils
- 1 398ml can diced tomatoes
- 398 ml unsweetened coconut milk (use tomato can to measure)
- 5 cups vegetable broth
- Add oil, onion, red pepper and garlic to large soup pot, over medium heat. Cook about 5 minutes, stirring constantly, until onion becomes translucent.
- Add all spices and cook another minute or two, until fragrant.
- Add in all remaining ingredients, except spinach.
- Bring to a boil, then turn down to a simmer, and let cook about 30 min, until lentils are soft.
- Remove from heat, add in spinach, and stir until wilted.
- Serve and enjoy!