These little flatbreads also make fantastic pizza crusts!
Makes 8 toasts
- 900g raw cauliflower
- 2/3 cup ground flax seeds
- 3/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup oat flour
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- Mix the flax seeds and the water in a container, refrigerate 30 min.
- Break the cauliflower into florets, and steam soft enough to press a finger into. Pour into a nut milk bag, and let cool.
- Once cooled, squeeze as much water from the mixture as possible. This will take some muscle.
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- Transfer the cauliflower to a bowl, and add the flax mixture. Mash well.
- In another bowl, combine the flour, garlic powder and salt, and stir well to combine.
- Pour the wet into the dry, and mash together to form a sticky dough.
- Split the dough into 8 equal balls, and press flat into rounds on a lined cookie sheet (I can only fit 4 at a time). I use a silpat, but parchment works, too.
- Let cool on a cooling rack. Top with whatever you like, and enjoy!