For those days when you want a cookie, but you don’t wanna eat all that refined sugar… I bring you hope!
Ultimate Healthy Cookies
- 1 cup steel-cut oats
- 2 very, very ripe bananas
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- the good stuff
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Mash the bananas very thoroughly in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the oats, vanilla and cinnamon, mix well, and let stand on the counter for 20 minutes. The oats will soak up the banana liquid and vanilla.
- Add in “the good stuff,” better known as whatever you want. Chocolate chips, coconut flakes, raisins, seeds, nuts, whatever floats your boat. I love adding in a little peanut butter powder. Add in about 1/4-1/3 cup of each add-on, and mix well.
- Scoop in 1/4 cup scoops (I use an ice cream scoop with a trigger) onto a lined baking tray.
- Bake for 15 minutes, until a little golden on the bottom.
- Let cool on a cooling rack. Enjoy!