Cause why not have breakfast that tastes like a childhood lunch? Personally, I’m a huge fan of steel-cut oats, but if you like the flakey guys, feel free to adapt!
Peanut Butter Jelly Oats
- 1/2 cup steel-cut oats
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 cup hot water
- 4 tbsp, plus 2 tbsp peanut butter powder
- 4, plus 2 dates
- 2 cups mixed berries
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- Mix the oats, coconut milk, 1 cup of hot water, 4 tbsp of peanut butter powder, vanilla and mixed berries in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Bring to a simmer, then turn down to medium low stirring frequently.
- Blend the dates with 1/4 cup hot water to make a paste. Add extra water if your dates are really dry. Add to pot and stir.
- Blend remaining 2 dates with remaining peanut butter powder and remaining 1/4 cup water. Add extra water if your dates are dry, until the consistency resembles peanut butter.
- When are oats are cooked through, serve in bowls and top with peanut butter date paste. Enjoy!