Ok, ok, I’ll admit, I’ve been on a bit of a breakfast kick lately, but, come on. It’s the most important meal of the day, so we’d better get it right!
- 1 cassava root
- 1 tsp nutritional yeast
- 1/3 cup soy sauce/tamari
- 1 tbsp liquid smoke
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- ground black pepper to taste
- Mix all ingredients except cassava root in a shallow dish.
- Peel the cassava, and slice into thin ribbons, mix into marinade.
- Let the cassava ribbons marinade overnight.
- Place the marinaded ribbons on a lined baking tray (I use a silpat).
- Bake in a 300°F oven for 25 minutes, flip, then bake an additional 10 minutes.